Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Habal²

One of my wife's relatives live in a small town named Indahag. They wanted us to stay their for a night or two since they missed us so much. So from Macassanding we went to a not very long and not too short travel to Indahag riding a multicab (a small utility van that the rear seats are arranged the same as a jeepney with an open rear entrance). The interesting part is that when we reach the middle part of the trip, the road will begin to go dark until its pitch black (coz we traveled during the night 7pm+) and the only light you will see is the light coming from the multicab. Not only that, the road is so small that only 2 small vehicles can only fit and it has so many curves! We finally had our rest when got to our destination. So for 2 days we were traveling from there down to the main city by riding a single motorcycle they called Habal-habal. I prefer to call it Habal squared (²x) eheh. Janneth had difficulty riding it because its a bit high and she is a bit scared since its just a single motorcycle and traveling through those winding roads. We got a chance to travel at daytime and I just realized that the road is indeed full of dust that it already looked like sand on the road. The most interesting part is that right beside the road is a very steep ravine and its like 100ft deep! I just don't think that its deep because it will just scare us, instead we appreciate the beauty of the whole scene. At night, when we went back using the same mode of transportation. I could still recall the whole scene but one thing popped in my mind, I looked behind and its really pitch black that you really cant see anything. I took out my camera and took a picture with a flash hoping to see something interesting but unfortunately my camera wasn't that powerful. Oh well, so much for the ghost stories I've heard from townspeople about riding at night.

1 comment:

bubbly said...

hahaha iniisip ko pa lang natatakot na ulit ako.. the best experience ever..